Courses@CRG: Advanced Proteomics
The “Courses@CRG: Advanced proteomics course” targets international postdocs and students and aims to provide an extensive update on the most advanced proteomics techniques and applications. The target audience includes PhD students and post-docs with some prior knowledge in mass spectrometry who think proteomics can have an impact on their own research projects. The course combines lectures with hands-on sessions in the laboratory and computational practicals to consolidate the concepts introduced during the theoretical sessions.
At the end of the course participants will be familiar with the following topics:
- Principles of mass spectrometry
- Types of instrumentation
- Interpretation of spectra and results
- Methods for sample preparation
- Mass spectrometry experimental design
- Quantitative proteomics
- Targeted proteomics
- Statistical and bioinformatics tools
- Protein-protein interactions
- Network analysis of proteomics data
- Eva Borrás, CRG-UPF, Spain
- Cristina Chiva, CRG-UPF, Spain
- Eduard Sabidó, CRG-UPF, Spain
Speakers & Instructors
- Amanda Solé (CRG, Spain)
- Cristina Chiva (UPF, Spain)
- Daniel Hornburg (Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, DE)
- Eduard Sabidó (CRG, Spain)
- Eva Borràs (UPF, Spain)
- Guadalupe Espadas (CRG, Spain)
- Martí Bernardo (CRAG, Spain)
- Michael L Nielsen (University of Copenhagen, DK)
- Nathalie Selevsek (FGCZ, Switzerland)
- Olga Pastor (CRG, Spain)
- Pedro Beltrao (EBI-EMBL, UK)
- Roger Olivella (CRG, Spain)
Duration: 5 days: Starting on Monday 19th of June 2017 at 9 am and finishing on Friday 23rd June 2017 at 5 pm.
Number of participants: 16
Registration fee: 500 Euros for academic researchers, 500 Euros for industry and two spots reserved for CRG Alumni with 20% discount (includes participation in workshop, all the necessary tools to follow the course, didactic material, coffee breaks, lunches, networking event).
Only online registration is accepted.
Registration Closes: Extended 31st March 2017
Worldwide participants will be selected according to their CV and motivation letter submitted.
Selected Participants will be notified via email by the end of March 2017.