Aphea.Bio: Field Trial Manager - Agronomist
Aphea.Bio is a young start-up company that focuses on the exploitation of natural, beneficial interactions that occur between microorganisms and plants. Aphea.Bio discovers and develops new biology-based agricultural products for crop protection and crop improvement, hence shaping a more sustainable agriculture.
We are seeking highly motivated and innovative scientists to help us carry out the research and development of novel and superior agricultural biological products. Successful candidates will become part of a committed, creative and highly dynamic team with opportunities to take responsibility and stimulate personal development.
Aphea.Bio is based in Ghent, Belgium, embedded in the largest European Agro-Biotech valley.
To strengthen its R&D team Aphea.Bio is looking for a field trial manager that will be responsible for all field trial programs in support of newly discovered microorganism-based candidates.
- Build-up a field trial network in Europe and US
- Work closely with Platform Management to translate greenhouse data into meaningful field trial plans for various geographies/crop (wheat, barley and maize) & traits (growth promotion and fungal biocontrol)
- Plan, coordinate and follow-up field trials with contract research organizations
- Interpret field trial data sets and support promotion of novel products through the development pipeline
- Maintain detailed records of procedures and results
- Support and coach the technical team
- Be an active member of the R&D leadership team
- Strong experience in designing field trials and protocols
- Good understanding of the European farming practices specifically related to wheat and maize
- Strong ability to coordinate with third party contract research organizations
- Experience in wheat and maize agronomy
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with regard to development of microbial products
- Strong capability to communicate and present field trial data to R&D leadership team
- Experience in coaching and supervising technical staff
- Knowledge of statistics and application to field research data
- Willingness to travel (approx. 20%)
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Agronomy (or equal through experience), Soil or Plant Science or related agricultural degree
- At least five years of work experience in agricultural industry responsible for field trial research
- Computer skills: proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel applications. Experience with field management and statistics software is a plus
- Language skills: fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills: team player, creative, communicative, optimist, committed, flexible, entrepreneurial, organized, problem-solver
How to apply?
Motivated applicants should send their CV including a cover letter to steven.vandenabeele*Replace*With*At*Sign*aphea.bio and isabel.vercauteren*Replace*With*At*Sign*aphea.bio before April 15, 2017.