The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants Technician to strengthen the services provided by the Grants Office. The post holder will work under the supervision of the Head of Department.
The Grants Technician will be providing support to ensure compliance with the administrative and financial requirements related to the management and reporting of externally‑funded projects and those resulting from the internal accounting functions and schedules. The post holder will also take an active part in all common activities aimed at improving the quality and efficiency of the services provided by the area.
The main duties of this position will be:
Internal accounting: The post-holder will be managing and updating the information and data stored in ORACLE, the center financial/accounting tool. That may range from keeping records for new and ongoing projects to executing journal entries and adjustments, grant accounts reconciliation and analysis.
Grants management: The post-holder may assist with the administrative and financial management of projects, audits and recovery claims, ranging from individual fellowships to grants supported by private sponsors.
Reporting: The management of external grants requires processing a wide range of documents and reports, involving the elaboration - and collection - of documents and information across different departments. The post-holder may assist in making sure that the applicable requirements are fulfilled.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the administration departments (e.g. Finance, HR, Secretariat).
About the Department
The mission of the Grants Office is to proactively support the CRG community in securing competitive funds for research and institute-related activities, as well as to manage the principal investigators’ core and external funding, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the funding agencies, with an individualized professional support throughout the project life cycle.
The services offered by the Grants Office are:
- to act as a liaison between the CRG community on the one side and the funding agencies or sponsors/donors on the other side,
- to identify and effectively disseminate the most suitable funding opportunities for the CRG community,
- to provide comprehensive support in the preparation and submission of proposals and in grant acceptance,
- to fulfil administrative and reporting requirements of the funding agencies or sponsors/donors for active grants,
- to manage budgets and control competitive and external funds in compliance with the applicable regulations and CRG policies.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have a university degree or relevant training in grants accounting, finance and related field is requested.
- You have basic knowledge of the administrative management and reporting of awards from Spanish funders and the European Commission is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar position will be valued, which may also include areas such as budgeting, purchasing and bookkeeping.
Technical skills required:
- You have strong IT skills (especially Excel / advanced level - and ORACLE/SAP ERP systems).
- You have an advanced level of Spanish and intermediate level of English. Catalan will be an advantage.
- Contract duration: 1-year temporary full-time position, with the option of extending the appointment
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Gabriele Picarella .
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Gabriele Picarella and be submitted online through the "Apply" button below
Deadline: Please submit your application by August 31st , 2018.