The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior Controller with interest in the research/academic environment to join the controlling team in the Finance Department. The ideal candidate will have a head for numbers, excellent command of MS Excel, effective communication skills and flexibility, structured thinking and strong analytical skills with an eye for continuous improvement.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the organisation’s budget planning across the organisation, achieving budget objectives by following up expenditures and income, analysing deviations and proposing corrective actions to the Direction.
- Providing in-depth financial analysis for existing or new financial operations to evaluate the viability of proposed financial operations, determine areas of potential cost reduction or business profitability in the organisation and make recommendations to the Direction for decision-making.
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc budget reports required by external stakeholders (funding agencies and members of our Board of Trustees) and Direction by collecting, analysing and consolidating financial data.
- Protecting assets and mitigate risks by doing risk assessment and establishing, monitoring and enforcing comprehensive set of controls.
- Reviewing financial, control and management information systems, policies and procedures, implementing improvements across the organisation.
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting financial and activity data related to business units (core facilities, technology transfer, internal services) in coordination with accounts receivables team, which includes:
- Coordination, review and updating costing and pricing IT tools for internal and external services
- Billing and budgeting for technology transfer activities
About the team/ lab/ department
Controlling has two members and reports to the Head of the Finance Department. It is in charge of general financial planning, monitoring and reporting. Main tasks are:
- Budgeting (planning and settlement).
- Revenue, expenses and profitability analysis and reporting (Core Facilities, CNAG and Technology Transfer activities).
- Business intelligence and performance analytics. Information Systems management
- Forecasting and modelling. Business case provision.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You hold a University degree in Business Administration
- You have an advanced level of English, Spanish and Catalan, spoken and written.
- You have 2 years’ experience in auditing/controlling or equivalent experience.
- You have numerical and analytical skills.
- You have knowledge in MS Office and an excellent command in excel.
- You have experience with ERP System
- You are responsible, accountable, accurate and detail oriented.
- You are critical and judgement thinking.
- You work with solutions and deadline oriented
- You are rigorous and resilient. Flexible and able to respond to change.
- You have high communication skills
Desirable but not required
- Audit procedures knowledge desirable.
- Experience in public research finance management.
- Knowledge of Taxation and other regulations.
- Contract duration: 1-year full-time position with option to extend to permanent contract
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: ASAP
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leave, flexible working hours and teleworking.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to Jaume Bacardit (Head of Finance)
- A complete CV including contact details.
- Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Jaume Bacardit (Head of Finance) and be submitted through the "APPLY" button below.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 15 March, 2018