Junior Research Fellow Position
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position: Junior Research Fellow Position
We are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position in science and research as a junior research fellow. The applicant has already gained research experience during his/her PhD study to realize his/her own research project and to assist and develop experiments in the field of chemistry of two-dimensional materials (e.i. 2D semiconductors and magnetic materials) and condensed matter physics (e.i. molecular nanomagnets, spintronics, thin films, materials science, magnetism, solid state physics, spin dynamics).
The successful candidate must hold a PhD degree in a relevant field and should demonstrate:
- scientific productivity through peer-reviewed published papers,
- experience with preparation of bulk transition metal dichalcogenides (TMD) and their exfoliation to two-dimensional single layers,
- experience in physico-chemical characterization of TMD will be an advantage,
- excellent teamworking skills, self-motivation, initiative and perseverance,
- ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories .
An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups is essential. We will offer an international environment and benefits in line with your experience. The position is available from 1 February 2018.
Interested candidate should provide:
- detailed CV incl. list of publications,
- cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- name and addresses of three academic referees.
Applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail email@example.com by January 31, 2018 and quote the “JRFP chemistry of 2D materials” in the subject.