Lab Technician – Cell Culture and Molecular Biology
The Switch Laboratory is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research at the University of Leuven (Belgium), which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities.
The research of the Switch Laboratory investigates protein aggregation in disease in an endeavor to advance biological science via a combined approach of computational modeling and biophysical and cell biological experimentation.
We are looking for a lab technician to support an established project investigating the role of protein aggregation in cancer. Joining a team of senior post docs and PhD students the successful candidate will provide support in cell culture and molecular biology assays.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- Experience with cell culture is essential, experience with primary cultures is an asset.
- You should have experience with general molecular biology techniques including SDS PAGE, Western blotting and cloning.
- You must be able to accurately compile and document your work, and help in the interpretation of results.
- You must be meticulous, self-motivated and independent, whilst being able to interact effectively with other members of the research team.
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position is initially for 12-18 months with the possibility of extension
- Starting Date: as soon as possible