About the Lab
The Lab of Tumor Inflammation and Angiogenesis is embedded within the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB). The research topics of the lab span the fields of tumor and inflammation, focusing on functional characterization of the hypoxia-response, a key environmental cue of the tumor microenvironment, on the consequent involvement of tumor metabolism in dictating the immune landscape, and on how immune cell positioning within the tumor impacts on function and phenotypic skewing of immune cells. To address these points, we take advantage of tissue-specific gene targeting and pharmacologic approaches in mice and combine the phenotype discovery with an extensive phenotypic characterization.
The Mazzone Lab is looking for a fulltime, highly motivated and dedicated research technician. The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work with a variety of experimental systems, from molecular to cellular biology to in vivo work.
- You will be part of a young research team with innovative research projects
- You will be responsible for performing a wide range of research experiments in the area of molecular biology (WB, IP, RNA extraction, qPCR, PCR, Maxiprep cloning,..) and cellular biology(cell culture, transfection, infection, cellular assays, FACS,…)
- You will be involved in mouse tumor studies (tumor inoculation, measurements, drug treatments, standard dissections, …)
- As member of a team, you will participate in laboratory management
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Life Sciences or equivalent;
- You have FELASA B certificate or willing to obtain as soon as possible
- You are endowed with a pleasant, social, open-minded and communicative personality;
- You are strongly motivated, flexible and eager to learn new things
- Experience in molecular biology and mouse experiments is considered a plus; but enthusiastic and driven starters are also welcome
- You communicate fluent (written and spoken) in English
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn new state of the art and pioneering techniques and tools
- A stimulating international research environment
- Training and guidance by experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please apply online and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references.
Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.