Lab Technician / Molecular and Cellular Biology
VIB is an excellence-based life sciences research institute based in Flanders, Belgium. With more than 1300 highly-qualified scientists, VIB focuses on translating basic research results into applications which improve our quality of life.
The VIB Nanobody Core is a Core facility of VIB, based at Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The VIB Nanobody Core focuses on the generation, characterization and engineering of the camelid-derived single-domain antibodies, termed Nanobodies®. The Nanobodies generated by VIB Nanobody Core are further developed, together with various research groups and pharma, as research tools, diagnostics, therapeutics, etc. The numerous past and present partnerships with pharma and world top research groups are testimony to the recognition of VIB Nanobody Core as a world leader in the Nanobody® field.
To support our activities, we are looking for a technician with experience in Molecular and Cellular Biological techniques. We offer an exciting work environment, excellent training courses, a renewable contract, and competitive salary and benefits.
- Generation and screening of phage display Nanobody libraries.
- Cloning, engineering, expression and purification of Nanobodies.
- Characterization of Nanobodies (e.g., by ELISA, FACS, SPR).
- Growth and maintenance of cell cultures (Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic).
- Support in the day-to-day functioning of the lab.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering.
- Extensive experience with Molecular Biology techniques. Experience with mammalian cell culture and FACS is a plus but not required.
- Team player but also capable of handling tasks independently.
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques, flexible in working hours.
- Good command of English, both oral and written.
How to apply?
Please send us a letter of interest describing your motivation to apply for this job, your CV and the coordinates of at least 2 references.