The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) is a world-leading international research institute with 350 members aimed at understanding the basic molecular mechanisms of health and disease. The FMI is affiliated with the University of Basel and the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research. It is situated in Basel, Switzerland, a city in the center of Europe offering a rich scientific and cultural environment. A lean and effective administration is in place to support the FMI scientists in their research. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated
- Management of library resources (electronic and print)
- Analysis of bibliometric data for publication statistics
- Participation in setting up an institutional repository
- Participation in open access project
For this interesting position you have
- A graduate degree in library science, e.g. Bachelor Information & Documentation, Bachelor Information Science / Library Management or similar.
- Experience with electronic library management system administration.
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility working with multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong command of English and German (spoken and written).
- The ability to take a user-oriented approach in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively introduce and train new users.
- A key position in our administration, working in close collaboration with the FMI research groups.
- The possibility of a permanent position after two years.
- Competitive compensation.
Please submit your application electronically at the portal www.fmi.ch/opening.
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2018.
For further information, please contact Dr. Bernhard Korn (email@example.com).