Director of Central European Institute of Technology of Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) invites applications for the position of MARKETING MANAGER
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, and advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized European research centre offering a state-of-the art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent scientists in Brno. Opening of the Marketing Manager position is in line with the CEITEC MU strategy of addressing global challenges in sustainable agriculture and new generation biomedicine through applications resulting from transdisciplinary research.
- Market research at intersections of promising transdisciplinary fields focused namely on plant synthetic biology and biotechnology, and identification of market niches for new opportunities of scientific knowledge exploitation
- Formulating commercialization strategies and marketing and business plans focused on strategic path pointing to long-term opportunities for economic development of CEITEC MU in collaboration with a strong strategic partner
- Contributing to CEITEC MU strategies on research and innovation management, fostering strategic partnership, internationalization and commercialization
- Participation in the technology transfer & business development working group with the aim to define actions, projects and resources required to translate research results into marketable products and entering the identified market niches
- Collaboration within the regional and trans-regional innovation ecosystems and transfer of good practice from abroad in order to contribute to the biotechnology sector development in South Moravia.
- University degree, preferably in marketing, business, economics and/or adequate training (e.g. CIMA A/ CIMA B certification)
- At least 5 years of experience with strategic marketing and business planning
- Overall orientation in the markets connected with life science disciplines is an advantage, as well as familiarity with R&D environment
- Systemic and responsible approach to work, analytical skills, ability to follow and enforce deadlines, willingness to travel
- Working proficiency in English, especially very good formulation skills in written English
- Computer literacy including good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the Czech language is not required
- Interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area overlapping to the cooperation within regional innovation ecosystem
- An interesting training package in technology transfer and related topics
- Background of a recognized and successful institution
- Incentive wage and work conditions
- For more information please go to www.ceitec.eu
Start date: August / September 2017
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English language by 31 May 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to mention the position title in the subject of your e-mail message.