Population genetics/Genetic epidemiology/Bioinformatics PhD
The CNAG-CRG is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. It is integrated in the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence classified in the 9th position (Q1 indicator, Health sector) by the SCImago Institution Rankings (SIR) World Report 2014.
The CNAG-CRG is actively involved in collaborative research projects on a number of specific topics: Disease Gene Identification, Cancer Genomics, Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Model Organism Genomics and Synthetic Biology Genomics of Model Organisms. Researchers at CNAG-CRG actively participate in several H2020 consortia, lead one ERC Synergy grant and are involved in major international initiatives in Genomics (ICGC, IRDiRC, iHEC, GA4GH).
We offer a PhD position to work at the CNAG-CRG on the analysis of whole-exome sequencing and GWAS data to evaluate the role of common and rare genetic variants as possible contributors to dimensional scores of ADHD, led by the team leader of Population Genomics Dr Oscar Lao.
The position requires a candidate with good knowledge in bioinformatics and next generation sequencing/exome sequencing. The duration of the contract is for three years.
- A BSc or MSc degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Bioinformatics or a related field.
- An advanced knowledge of at least a high-performance language for numerical computation (C, C++, JAVA, Phyton or Perl), as well as a good working knowledge of statistical packages such as R.
- A good working knowledge of Unix systems, in particular large Unix clusters.
- Good spoken and written English.
- May not have resided or carried out her/his main activity (work, study, etc) for more than 12 months in the last 3 years in Spain at the moment the candidate signs her/his contract.
- The candidate should be within the first four years (full-time equivalent) after obtaining her/his BSc or MSc degree.
- The candidate must be eligible for a national PhD fellowship.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a brief statement of experience and interests before October 30th to the recruitment portal through the following link: http://www.crg.eu/content/careers/job-opportunities