POSTDOC - BIOINFORMATICIAN
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position POSTDOC - BIOINFORMATICIAN
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
A postdoc position is available in the Lysak lab (www.plantcytogenomics.org; CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) to participate in research focused on evolution of repetitive sequences and the role of whole-genome duplications in plants. We are is seeking a person with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyze NGS and RNA-seq data and develop pipelines for their analysis. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- Theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics and bioanalysis
- Experience in NGS data analysis, in particular in the fields of alignment and assembly
- Good knowledge of English is required
- Degrees: MSc. in bioinformatics or computational biology/molecular biology
- Interesting job in a dynamically expanding university area
- Background of a recognized and successful institution
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
Applications including CV, contacts for referees and a brief motivation letter should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.
Electronic application deadline is: December 20th, 2017
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year, 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 200 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit http://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-welcome-office/t1137
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617