Postdoc in Protein Research
A postdoc position is available in the Core Facility Biomolecular Interaction and Crystalization to participate in research focused on structural studies of (particularly, but not solely) membrane proteins. The main focus of the work will be structural studies on proteins participating in the multistep phosphorelay signalling in plants and establishing the plant-based expression system (in a close collaboration with Jan Hejatko group at CEITEC). Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- Be within 7 years after receiving PhD. in biochemistry/molecular biology/protein research/structural biology or related fields
- Practical experience with protein expression and purification
- Published in impactful journals in the field, corresponding to given stage of career demonstrating creativity and scientific quality (with at least 2 papers, one the them as first author, during the last 3 years)
- Worked at least 2 whole years out of the last 3 outside of the Czech Republic
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Theoretical knowledge of protein structure study principles and approaches
- Experience with non-bacterial expression systems
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 6 weeks of paid holiday
Applications including CV, contacts for referees and a brief motivation letter should be sent in english by e-application available on https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/38929. Questions concerning scientific details may be directed to michaela.wimmerova'at'ceitec.cz.
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about: