Postdoctoral Position – Tompa group
About the Lab
The laboratory of intrinsically disorderedproteins (IDPs) is in the VIB Center for Structural Biology (http://www.vib.be/en/research/scientists/Pages/Peter-Tompa-Lab.aspx) inBrussels, situated on the campus of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (https://www.vub.ac.be/en/). In thefocus of the research conducted in the lab is the structure-functionrelationship of IDPs, towards which we are using a great variety of molecular-biological,structural, biophysical and computational tools.
The lab seeks a highly motivated and independentpostdoctoral researcher, to work on the involvement of a variety of IDPs, suchas TDP43, FUS, hnRNPA2 and dipeptide repeats (DPRs), in liquid-liquid phaseseparation (LLPS) in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The project will focuson characterizing the in vitro and in vivo phase separation of wild-typeand mutant proteins, and their further transition toward pathological aggregatedstates.
- The ideal candidate is highly motivated, creative and carries a PhD in protein sciences or related areas.
- You have expertise in protein chemistry, biophysics and structural biology
- Prior postdoc experience in structural-molecular biology of proteins is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work independently while embedded in a team are required.
- You creatively use the facilities of the department, such as NMR, SAXS and cryo-EM.
- Three-year postdoctoral position with competitive salary.
- Highly interactive multinational environment of VIB.
- Additional benefits including travel reimbursement and VIB hospitalization insurance apply.
How to apply?
- Motivated candidates should apply online, by sending a CV, letter of motivation and contact details of two referees.
- For further enquiries please contact Peter Tompa.