Postdoctoral Position: microfluidics-based method development for time-resolved cryo-EM
VIB is an interuniversity institute where cutting edge research on fundamental biological problems is combined with unique opportunities in technology transfer. VIB provides intellectually rich environment and state of the art laboratories for scientists from around the globe.
We are seeking for a highly motivated independent postdoctoral researcher to work on an ERC-funded project. The aim of the project is to observe molecular machines in action at high-resolution. The project focuses on development of new microfluidics-based approaches for time-resolved cryo-EM that will enable studies of fast dynamics in molecular machines.
Our laboratory has expertise in protein biochemistry, biophysics and structural biology. The department is equipped with the state of the art instrumentation including on-site cryo-EM facility. JEOL cryoARM300 electron microscope, Gatan K3 detector, phase plate and energy filter will become operational in the first half of 2018. Instrumentation for fabrication of microfluidics chips by photolithography and observation of processes on small scale with high time-resolution is available in the laboratory.
VIB Center for Structural Biology is situated on campus of Free University of Brussels in a dynamic, cosmopolitan and affordable for living Belgian capital in the heart of Europe.
The ideal candidates will have PhD, strong motivation and experience in cryo-EM or in using microfluidics to study fast processes. Prior experience with method development or building of instruments is of strong advantage.
- Three-year fixed term postdoctoral position available immediately.
- Highly interactive multinational environment of VIB.
- Competitive salary.
- Additional benefits include reimbursement of travel costs to work by public transport and free of charge VIB hospitalization insurance on top of Belgian National Health care.
How to apply?
- Application should be made online and include CV, a letter of motivation and contact details of two referees.
- For further enquiries please contact Rouslan Efremov.