Postdoctoral Position - VIB-Ugent Center for Inflammation Research
A postdoctoral position is available for a period of 2 years (with possibility for extension) in the laboratory of Prof. Wim Declercq .
Our research group tries to understand the role of molecules involved in homeostasis, cell death and inflammation in the skin. Therefore we developed substantial expertise in the field of molecular signal transduction in cell death and inflammation using in vitro and in vivo model systems. Currently, we focus on studying the involvement of caspases, RIP kinases and regulators thereof in skin homeostasis and pathology.
The candidate will work on the role of RIPK4 in cancer. RIPK4 has been attributed tumor-suppressing and tumor-promoting activities. However, the current role of RIPK4 in cancer development or progression is far from clear. Therefore, it is important to clarify the role of RIPK4 in cancer progression to evaluate whether RIPK4 could act as a novel target or prognostic factor in cancer treatment.
The candidate should have a strong track record and try to raise his/her own fellowship. E.g. apply at the Research Foundation-Flanders or other funding agencies such as Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions for a postdoc fellowship. Please check the eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have a PhD degree in the ﬁeld of biomedical sciences, with a strong publication record and scientific integrity
- The candidate should be able to work independently and at the same time be a team-player
- The candidate should have excellent communication skills and a strong passion for life sciences
- The candidate is expected to have strong hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology techniques, with working knowledge of skin biology
- Practical experience with mouse models is a big plus
How to apply?
- If you are interested in performing high quality science on the role of RIPK4 in cancer, please use the online VIB application tool.
- Make sure your application is a single pdf file, including a cover letter, your CV, a summary of past research, and the contact information of 3 references.
- The position will be allocated as soon as a suitable candidate is found.