Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Molecular Layers on Oxide Surfaces
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
„Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Molecular Layers on Oxide Surfaces “
For our young research group: Molecular Nanostructures at Surfaces, we are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a postdoctoral research fellow. The promising candidate will carry out the real time measurement of growth of molecular layers on oxide surfaces by low energy electron microscopy (LEEM) and complementary techniques. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art UHV system combining pulsed laser deposition (PLD), LEEM, STM, XPS, and LEIS. Your role is to perform experimental studies on selected technologically-relevant oxide systems under the framework of a Twinning project SINNCE collaborating with Vienna University of Technology and Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Carry out the research activities within the projects of the group and as requested by Supervisor,
- Adapt existing and develop new scientific methodologies and experimental protocols,
- Test hypotheses and analyze scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate,
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and contribute to its preparation,
- Undertake comprehensive and systematic literature reviews and summarize the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals,
- Collaborate in preparation of scientific/project reports and journal papers and occasionally present results of the work at conferences,
- Use specialized scientific equipment in a laboratory environment,
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques,
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone,
- Communicate and coordinate the experiments with the cooperating partners,
- You will have possibility to teach and supervise master/bachelor theses.
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background or interest in surface science. Candidates should have experience in surface science and vacuum technology.
- Applicants should possess, or be very close to obtaining a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering,
- Applicants should possess a master degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering,
- Experience (track of records) in surface science under UHV conditions,
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work as a member of a team,
- Should have very good English – both spoken and written.
- The ability to direct own research and interpret results independently,
- Experience with working at synchrotron sources,
- Experience with oxide materials and catalysis,
- An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups.
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV including list of publications,
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying,
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
Anticipated start date: 11/2019 or upon agreement.
Fixed-term two-year position with a possibility of extension.
Gross salary adequate for Brno area based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th, 2018 and quote the “PRF Oxide Surface Science” in the subject.