Postdoctoral Researcher in Molecular Biology and Cancer Research
A position is immediately available for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in molecular biology and cancer research; prior experience in the field of redox biology would be beneficial, but is not necessary. The successful candidate would work in a highly interdisciplinary field encompassing cancer cell biology and redox metabolite signaling pathways.
Specifically, you will be working on the translational aspects that integrate redox biochemistry and cancer biology. The main aim of the project is the development of novel redox-related therapeutic approaches against cancer. The project is a joint effort between the Vrije Universiteit Brussels (VUB), Belgium and the University of Göttingen, Germany and will be coordinated by Prof. Joris Messens (Brussels), Prof. Ivan Bogeski (Göttingen) and Prof. Vsevolod Belousov (Göttingen).
- Academic degree (Ph.D.) in biology, medicine, biochemistry, or related field
- Hands-on expertise with human cell cultures, and genome editing techniques
- Ability to independently take responsibility over your project
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Reliability, attention to detail and effective time management
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work in two laboratories
- Excellent command of both written and oral English is essential
The position is available for three years. The successful candidate is expected to spend the first year at the University of Göttingen, and the remaining in Brussels. Nevertheless, short-term research stays in Göttingen or Brussels during the whole period are likely.
How to apply?
Please submit your online application in a single PDF file with CV, a letter stating research and career interests, and expected availability. For more information please contact Joris Messens or Ivan Bogeski.