Scientist in Antibody Engineering
VIB is an excellence-based life sciences research institute based in Flanders, Belgium. With more than 1300 highly-qualified scientists, VIB focuses on translating basic research results into applications which improve our quality of life.
The VIB Nanobody Core is a Core facility of VIB, based at Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The VIB Nanobody Core focuses on the generation, characterization and engineering of camelid-derived single-domain antibodies, termed Nanobodies®. The Nanobodies generated by the VIB Nanobody Core are further developed, together with various research groups and pharma, as research tools, diagnostics, therapeutics, etc. The numerous past and present partnerships with pharma and world top research groups are testimony to the recognition of VIB Nanobody Core as a world leader in the Nanobody® field.
To support our current activities and to implement new technologies, we are looking for a scientist with experience in antibody engineering and characterization. Experience with humanization of antibodies and/or affinity/sequence optimization is a definitive plus. We offer an exciting working environment, the possibility to interact with top research groups and pharma, excellent training courses, a renewable contract, and competitive salary and benefits.
- Improvement of the existing technology platforms and implementation of new technologies in affinity reagents field in order to increase the throughput.
- Characterization of Nanobodies (epitope mapping and binning, binding kinetics analysis, stability, solubility, etc.).
- Generation, panning and screening (ELISA, flow cytometry, ligand competition assay, etc.) of phage display Nanobody libraries.
- Engineering (sequence optimization, humanization, affinity maturation, mani-fold constructs, etc.), expression (in E.coli, mammalian cells) and purification of Nanobodies.
- Growth and maintenance of mammalian cell cultures.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in the following antibody engineering aspects counts as a plus:
- Antibody affinity maturation.
- Humanization / sequence optimization of antibodies.
- Binding kinetics analysis (e.g., Surface Plasmon Resonance, Bio-Layer Interferometry).
- Protein stability and solubility determination.
- Flow cytometry.
- Mammalian cell culture.
- Team player who is also able to work independently.
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques.
- Good ability to report, both oral and written.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Industrial (biotech / pharma) experience is a plus.
How to apply?
Please send us a letter of interest, your CV and the coordinates of at least 2 references.