STAFF SCIENTIST OF CORE FACILITY
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC MU) opens a position STAFF SCIENTIST OF CORE FACILITY
A candidate is sought for the position of a staff scientist at Josef Dadok National NMR Centre of CEITEC Masaryk University.
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
- NMR spectra measurement and analysis
- NMR spectrometer maintenance and troubleshooting
- Implementation and development of new methods
- Training and support of users
- Communication with outside experts as well as general public
- The candidate is expected to cooperate with the CEITEC research groups on their projects. The candidates own independent research will be encouraged but not strictly required.
- PhD in biochemistry, chemistry or physics
- Experience in NMR spectroscopy of biomolecules, documented by publications in peer reviewed journals
- Work in UNIX environment, shell and C programming
- Good communication skills in Czech and English
- Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Interesting work in a top scientific team
- Opportunity to learn the latest methods in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Stable environment and excellent technical equipment of CEITEC MU
- Employee benefits of Masaryk University
- Salary commensurate with experience
Anticipated start date: January 1, 2018 or by mutual agreement
Please send the application (including CV, short statement of research background / interests, contact information of two references) and copies of three recent publications illustrating the candidate’s skills by e-mail to email@example.com by November 10, 2017.
Please quote the “position” in the subject.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year, 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 200 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit http://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-welcome-office/t1137
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617