Stem Cell Specialist in the Tissue Engineering Unit
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
The Tissue Engineering Unit
The goal of the Tissue Engineering Platform is to provide the CRG, PRBB and external researchers with the latest technologies in the fields of stem cell biology, stem cell differentiation, organoid formation and induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
The Tissue Engineering platform works in collaboration with the Biomolecular Screening & Protein Technologies Unit at the CRG to provide CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology services.
The Unit is also constantly implementing new emergent technologies in these fields.
The desired candidate will perform CRISPR gene editing in stem cells, stem cell differentiation assays, mouse embryo work and will work in providing service in already established organoid systems and in implementing specific organoid technology in the Unit.
Applicant should be highly motivated with thorough, methodological and accurate work habits. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to multi-tasking and a service-oriented mentality.
Who would we like to hire?
· You hold a Bachelor's degree in Biology or a related field. A Master´s Degree and PhD will be positvely considered.
· You have at least 3 years experience in either stem cell biology, stem cell differentiation, gene editing technologies or iPS cell generation and characteritzation
· You have experience in mouse embryology. Embryo manipulation will be considered as a plus.
Technical skills required:
· You have strong Tissue Culture experience with experience in stem cells and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells
· ES cell differentiation experience
· Experience in genome editing in mammalian cell lines (ideally stem cells) desirable
· Molecular Biology experience
· Mouse and embryo manipulation. Holding appropiate official certificate to be able to work with rodents.
· Immunofluorescence, confocal and FACS experience for cellular caracterizations will be considered a plus
· You are fluent in English
· You ideally have a good level of Spanish
· You are highly motivated and organized
· You are capable of working in a group, as well as working autonomosly
· You posses great communicaton skills
· You have a customer service oriented attitude
· Duration: 1 year, with the option to be extended.
· Estimated annual gross salary: A competitive salary, based on professional experience
· Starting date: October 2017
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and within the work-life balance programme is offering an opportunity to benefit from annual leave allowance, flexible working hours and teleworking programme.
All applications must include:
1. A presentation letter addressed to Dr Laura Batlle.
2. A full CV including contact details.
3. Two contacts for further references.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Laura Batlle and submitted by means of on-line application on the official website of the CRG - http://recruitment.crg.eu/.
Deadline: Please submit your application by September 25th, 2017