Technology Implementation Specialist
VIB is an excellence-based research institute dedicated to high-impact life sciences research and world-class technology transfer. VIB Scientists pursue basic molecular life-science research with a strong focus on translating scientific breaktroughs into novel technologies, new diagnostics, innovative medecines and improved crops and nutritional products, through close cooperation with industry.
Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
VIB is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Technology Implementation Specialist:
About the Technology Watch Team
The Technology Watch Team at VIB is continually analyzing the potential of emerging and disruptive technologies to advance research at VIB. Where appropriate, Tech Watch mediates privileged access to technologies and platforms of interest. Promising disruptive technologies are subsequently evaluated and / or further developed alongside VIB PIs and Core Facilities in Tech Watch’s Technology Innovation Lab.
The Technology Innovation Lab allows the evaluation, development and integration of breakthrough technologies. Areas of great interest include technologies for long read sequencing, single cell sequencing, spatial omics, genome engineering, multiplex imaging, protein analysis, single cell culturing and single cell manipulation.
To this end, we are looking to expand the Technology Watch Team with a Technology Implementation Specialist. In this role, you will disseminate expertise developed in the Technology Innovation Lab after initial troubleshooting and pilot experiments have been carried out. For many of these platforms, you will establish service models for technology access alongside the Core Facilities and PI’s to create value for the VIB community. Your skill set in Life Sciences is adaptable and you already have some experience in working with new technology platforms. You are looking for a diverse, dynamic and challenging role and you have strong interpersonal skills and therefore can work with multiple PI’s / Core facilities in a flexible manor.
- Master or Ph.D. in Life Sciences
- Strong hands-on lab skills
- Experience in technologies related to Sequencing / Single Cell Analysis / Engineering / Bioinformatics / Protein Analysis is considered a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong capability to work independently as well as in team
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, networking, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong and broad interest in the interplay of science and technology
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.
Applications for this position should be written in English and include:
- A 1-page cover letter.
- A 1-2 page CV, summarizing the applicant’s career, including a list of publications and contact information for three referees.
Applications (cover letter + CV) should be submitted as a single pdf file.