Two Senior Group Leader Positions
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an internationally renowned biomedical research institute in Barcelona, Spain. The CRG is located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) with six other research institutes, including the newly created Outstation of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) starting this year. In addition, the CRG's National Centre for Genomic Analysis (CNAG, www.cnag.cat) is located at the Barcelona Science Park (PCB). The CRG consists of 400 scientists, and is organized into four research programs supported by high-end core facilities covering proteomics, genomics, bioinformatics, microscopy, FACs, iPS and organoids, and protein expression. The CRG hosts one of the two nodes of the European Genome-phenome Archive (EGA, https://ega-archive.org) and is affiliated to the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST, www.bist.eu) to foster interdisciplinary research and training.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
The scientific focus of the CRG for the next five years is Integrative Biology. Addressing the complexity of biological systems, particularly human biology, requires concerted integrative and interdisciplinary approaches – creating a community with diverse expertise, including theoreticians and computer scientists, as well as experimental biologists.
We are particularly interested in recruiting a Senior Group Leader in the area of Medical Genomics. This includes experts in clinical and statistical genetics, medical and single cell genomics, molecular mechanisms of disease and disease heterogeneity, and evolutionary medicine. Applications from clinician-scientists are encouraged.
In addition to Medical Genomics, we encourage applications from exceptional scientists who will complement the areas represented in the following programs of the CRG;
· Systems Biology and Genomics, including quantitative cell biology, cellular dynamics, algorithms, methods and technology development, data integration and visualization, imaging, synthetic biology, deep learning applied to biology and human health, and single cell biology.
· Cell Biology, mechanistic and novel approaches to understand the process of cell compartmentation, division, growth, and tissue organization.
· Cellular Decision Making and Interactions, including stem cell biology, host-microbiome interactions, differentiation and disease, evolution, and immunology.
Who would we like to hire?
The successful candidates should have an exceptional scientific record and are expected to assume leading functions in the institute.
- Number of open position: 2
- Contract duration: open-ended contract renewable depending on periodic external peer-review.
- Salaries and consumables for up to four people
- Fully equipped laboratory space for 12 – 15 people including lab expenses
- Access to state-of-the-art core facilities (http://www.crg.eu/content/scientific-services/core-facilities)
- Target start date: end of 2018, beginning of 2019
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter including your choice of CRG’s research interest.
2. A complete CV including a list of publications.
3. Brief (<4 pages) proposal of your future research plans.
4. Contacts details of three referees.
All applications must be addressed to Professor Luis Serrano and submitted online through the application button below.
Further information regarding the CRG group leader recruitment & selection process can be found at:http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/group-leader-recruitment
Application deadline: Please submit your application by the 15th of December 2017
Interviews: Candidates will be invited to an Interview held during the 2nd and 3rd week of February 2018, at the CRG in Barcelona, Spain.
Informal enquires can be directed to the CRG Director or to the specific programme coordinators.
Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa SEV-2016-0571