Bioimage Analyst Position
The Genetics and Development Biology Unit at Institut Curie is a multidisciplinary department whose main objective is the study of events controlling cell dynamics during development. The research teams intensively use optical fluorescence microscopy to visualize in real time different biological processes in various animal models (Drosophila, zebrafish and mouse).
Within the Labex-DEEP program, we are looking for an engineer specialized in image processing and analysis to help researchers with their large multidimensional microscopy datasets.
- Designing and implementing tools for image analysis and processing using ImageJ / Fiji and/or Matlab.
- Set-up advanced workflow. e.g. image segmentation, quantify intracellular protein distribution, pattern recognition, tracking of dynamic particle …
- Work with scientists for writing / implementing algorithms for solving image processing problems from multidimensional datasets acquired using fluorescence microscopy.
- Improve existing tools (computing speed, user interface, creating workflow).
- Validation of developed tools.
- Analysis of multidimensional microscopy datasets acquired by researchers.
- Train scientists in the use of developed tools and make tutorials.
- University degree (Master, PhD), engineering school or equivalent degree with a strong specialization in image processing and analysis.
- Proven experience in the development of tools to process and analyse multidimensional fluorescence microscopy datasets using ImageJ / Fiji (macro scripting and writing java plugins) and/or Matlab.
- Good knowledge of segmentation algorithms, object tracking, pattern recognition.
- Ability to work in teams and have an interest in multidisciplinary approaches in developmental biology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. A high degree of autonomy is required.
- Able to communicate in English.
- We look for dynamic, collaborative and curious candidates.
Please send your CV, cover letter and contact information for two references to:
Contract: COD (defined time contract) for 12 months (renewable up to 36 months). Salary depending on experience and qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed when they are received.