IMAGE ANALYSIS SPECIALIST
The Director of Central European Institute of Technology
(CEITEC MU) opens a position
IMAGE ANALYSIS SPECIALIST
CELLIM – Cellular Imaging Core Facility is a light microscopy facility of CEITEC MU. Main role is to provide access to state-of-the-art light microscopy techniques and support during acquisition and image analysis to all its users. More information about facility you can find https://www.ceitec.cz/bunecne-zobrazovani/cf119. Currently we are looking for image analysis specialist, who would be responsible for developing and performing image analysis tools for facility users.
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
- Provide basic and advanced image processing methods: segmentation, objects detection & classification, feature extraction using variety of analytical tools, such an IMARIS, FIJI/ImageJ, Cell Profiler, Matlab to all facility users.
- Writing customized tools in ImageJ/Matlab or similar.
- Teaching image analysis methods on small workshops organized by CELLIM.
· Master's degree in informatics, or related field
· Good knowledge of image processing methods and algorithms
· Experience with some image analysis software such as Imaris, ImageJ/Fiji, CellProfiler, ZEN, Matlab is an advantage
· Ability to work in service oriented mode
· Willing of learning new methods of image analysis tools and microscopy
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Good communication in English language is required
· Flexible time
· Interesting work with variable image datasets from variety research laboratories
· MU employment benefit
· Starting date, September 2019
· Length of contract – 1 year, with possibility of extension
Anticipated start date:
For further information, please contact Mgr. Milan Ešner, Ph.D., Head of Cellular Imaging Core Facility:
- Please send the application (Letter of motivation, CV with description of required skills and
contact details of two references) by e-mail to
Please quote the Image analysis specialist position in the subject.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
· The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
· Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
· A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
· More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
· 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
· City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
· Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
· CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit http://www.ceitec.eu/ceitec-welcome-office/t1137
Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617