Postdoctoral Position in antisense oligonucleotide targeting of microglia in Alzheimer's disease
The laboratory for research into Neurodegenerative disorders is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer's disease are tackled.
In a collaboration with Janssen Pharmaceutica: Targeting non-neuronal Alzheimer's disease risk genes with antisense oligonucleotides, we are looking for an ambitious and motivated postdoctoral researcher to work on an exciting collaborative project aiming to modulate inflammation and microglial responses in Alzheimer's disease with novel exciting approaches.
We combine the strengths of Janssen pharmaceutica in developing compounds that reach the brain with our vast knowledge in modeling Alzheimer's disease with human stem cells in vitro and in vivo. This is an exciting job opportunity at the interface of cutting edge research and translation towards novel therapies.
- This research position is open to candidates with a strong background in microglial biology, with experience in mouse models of disease and stem cells technology.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics and single cell transcriptomics is an advantage but not strictly required.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team as well as effective communication skills and a good mastery of the English language is essential.
- An exceptional strong scientific environment
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating, diverse international research environment in a world-class academic laboratory
- Animal models, expertise in neurodegenerative disorders
- Start date: as soon as possible - the position is immediately available
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience and a list of publications.
For more information: please contact Renzo Mancuso.