Programme Secretary – Covering Maternity Leave
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of 'HR Excellence in Research' by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for a Secretary to give support to different research programmes.
As a Programme Secretary, you will provide general support to the different research programmes in the CRG. This role will report to Programme Secretaries' Coordinator which will coordinate the ongoing Programme tasks for the necessary support.
The main duties of this position will include:
- Travel, meetings, seminars organization of the research groups assigned
- Agenda(s) management
- Data base and archive update
- Support in report preparation
- Support in budget control: expense control and reimbursement, payment follow-up and claim, etc
- Participation in departmental and inter-departmental work projects
About the team/ lab/ department
The candidate will join a team of secretaries giving service to the research programmes.
Whom would we like to hire?
- You have 3 years of proven experience in a similar position
- You have knowledge of basic administrative procedures
- You have experience in working in a dynamic, international and fast-paced environment
Desirable but not required
- You have experience working in research centres
- You have experience elaborating forms and surveys using tools, such as, google forms, forms office 365, doodle, etc.
Education and training
- Secretarial training or similar education
- You have an advanced level of English and Spanish
- Knowledge of Catalan would be valued
- You have advanced MS Office skills; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- You have experience working with collaborative tools
- You have excellent organizational, and time management skills
- You have the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks
- You are autonomous, proactive, innovative, flexible
- You are dynamic with a can-do and problem-solving attitude
- You have attention to detail
- You are service-oriented
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Contract duration: Covering of a maternity leave (approximately from July 2019 until March 2020)
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
All applications must include:
1. A motivation letter addressed to Reyes Perza.
2. A complete CV including contact details.
3. Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Reyes Perza and be submitted through the Apply button below.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 21/06/2019