Data of a personal nature is defined as any information on identified or identifiable individuals. Applicable data protection legislation imposes a number of obligations and also establishes the rights of persons with regard to personal data protection. To properly understand and, as the case may be, exercise any rights you may enjoy, as a user of this website you must carefully ready this notice and the other legal notes featured on it.
The personal data we collect will be processed by EU-LIFE.
EU-LIFE is an alliance of 14 top research centers in life sciences to support and strengthen European research excellence.
- Mailing address: Carrer Doctor Aiguader, 88, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection and use of personal data
The only personal data to which EU-LIFE shall have access shall be that supplied by users themselves and of whose assignment they have been duly informed. All users have to realise that they must supply certain information in order for EU-LIFE to provide the service requested and/or to carry on its principal or subsidiary activities.
You as user warrant that the personal data you provide to EU-LIFE is accurate and undertake to inform of any change thereto.
The different purposes of the gathering and processing of personal data and the different legal basis that allow such processing are the following:
- If you send us an inquiry through the Contact Form, we only collect your data provided through that Form, in order to respond to you. The legal basis of this processing is the provision of your request.
- If you register to join our Newsletter, we only collect your data provided through the Subscription Form (first and last name and your email address), in order to send you our newsletter and information about events, based on your express consent. You may unsubscribe from receiving any communications from EU-LIFE, at any time, by clicking the option Managing your preferences/Unsubscribe in each communication.
- If you register to join our Visiting Postdoctoral Programme, we only collect the information you provide through the Form to manage your participation in the Programme. This processing is necessary to manage your application to participate in the Programme.
- EU-LIFE may also process your data to accomplish with its legal requirements.
Personal data will only be processed for as long as it is necessary, useful and relevant. Once the relationship is finalized, the data will be kept for the sole purpose of and for the time necessary to comply with the applicable legal obligations (six years in the case of information linked to your user account, and three years for commercial communications). Only those third parties to whom it is legally obliged to provide them and companies that have been entrusted with internal management services of EU-LIFE and, in particular, IT services, audits, training services or organization of events, will have access to them.
The following rights may be exercised, in the terms established by the regulations in force: rights of access, rectification or deletion of data, as well as request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, oppose to it, or request the portability of your data, by directing a written communication to the address indicated above. In any case, data subjects have the right to file a claim to the supervisory authority on Data Protection.
Links to third parties
This website may contain links to one or more third party websites.
EU-LIFE reserves the right to modify this policy to bring it into line with changes in legislation or case law and with industry developments and practices. Your continued use of the website after the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.