The IT Working group was formed in November 2013 to adress a variety of topics linked to data storage, user support and IT development.
It has established the following action plan:
- Define storage best practices (policies, architecture, cost containment, life cycle management, pressure and volume with vendors for better prices)
- Define best practices for computational support (shared computational resources with national or universities, code optimization)
- Each institute provides a high level list of applications supported to facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Establish a list of active and planned projects in order to discover synergies.
- Establish IT collaborations in areas of common interest and look into defining overall best practices.
ChairYann Dublanche , Head of IT , CRG
Arnaud Ceol, IEO, Co-chair
Chris Greenwood, Babraham Institute
Cass Flowers, Babraham Institute
Robert Vácha, CEITEC
Mischa Pilz, CeMM
Gabriel González, CRG
Rodny Hernández, CRG
Emyr James, CRG
Jean-Gabriel Dick, Institut Curie
Timo A. Miettinen, FiMM
Dean Flanders, FMI
Joao Sousa, IGC
Paweł Kobylar, IIMCB
Pantelis Topalis, IMBB-FORTH
Spyridon Chavlis, IMBB-FORTH
Karsten Haecker, MDC
Jan de Graaf, NKI
Mark Veugelers, VIB
Els Herregods, VIB
Rinaldo Beck, VIB
Alexander Botzki, VIB