Applied Bioinformatics in Life Sciences (5th edition)
In 2016 VIB launched a series of Bioinformatics conferences as part of the VIB conference series. Because of the increasing importance of bioinformatics in medical and agriculture science today and inspired on the success of the past editions, VIB is organizing the 5th edition of this event on 7-8 March 2024.
18 internationally renowned speakers will present their recent scientific findings in applied bioinformatics. They will shed light on the future perspectives of their research during the following plenary sessions:
- Personalized medicine and clinical bioinformatics
- From genome to function
- From single cell to organism
- Synthetic biology and structural bioinformatics
Next to the invited speakers the program includes slots for short talks selected from the abstracts and poster sessions. The reception with Belgian beers and the conference dinner offer additional opportunities to interact and meet potential new collaborators.
Training sessions on 6 March
VIB will organize the following training sessions preceding the conference:
- Apply Scop3PTM web-interface to understand PTMs;
- Apply MutationExplorer to study mutation of proteins and visualise their energetic impact;
- Geometric Deep Learning for Protein Structure Data with PyTorch Lightning.
- Theodore Alexandrov, EMBL, DE
- Omer Bayraktar, Wellcome Sanger Institute, UK
- Barbara Elizabeth Engelhardt, Princeton University, US
- Sara Mostafavi, University of Washington, US
- Sergey Ovchinnikov, Harvard University, US
- Amelie Stein, University Copenhagen, DK
- and many more.. visit our website for a full overview of all speakers
- Early bird: January 25, 2024
- Final registration: February 22, 2024
Follow us on Twitter for the latest news.